Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Eating Veggies like it's my job

Yesterday was my 1st day following the Anti Candida diet and things went smoothly. Well food wise things went smoothly.



For breakfast I had steamed broccoli and sun-dried tomato & jalapeno raw garlic dip. It was yummy. I picked up the dip at the Farmer's Market on Saturday knowing it would come in handy. I already told my husband we will be going back this Saturday to pick up some other flavors. I'm sure I'll need more fresh veggies by then too. I didn't finish all the broccoli at breakfast so when I was hungry a little later I finished it with an egg cooked over easy. That was really good. With the garlic dip it tasted almost like Thai food. 




For dinner I had a salad with steamed asparagus, a turkey burger and a hard boiled egg white. The salad was topped with this amazing dressing my sister-n-law Domina taught me how to make. It's so simple but it tastes so delicious.

Domina Dressing
1 avocado
handful of chopped cilantro
1-2 green onions, chopped
juice of half of lime
olive oil
Smash the avocado in the salad bowl and add cilantro and onions. Squeeze lime juice into bowl and mix. Toss with greens and add olive oil to the greens. You can really do this in any order. 

I was feeling really snacky shortly after dinner and of course I wanted anything sweet but that wasn't going to happen. I just kept thinking about how awesome it's going to be to add fruit back to the diet. I settled for a handful of raw almonds. 


I ended up with a terrible headache at bedtime that made it hard to sleep. Then I was about to fall asleep my stomach started doing cheetah flips. They sound like a good time but it was not. After almost resorting to crying myself to sleep I somehow dosed odd a little after 1am. I had to be up at 5am today so I was hurting for sure. 'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment